How To Buy The Best Steel Tip Darts For You
If you are wondering how to buy the best steel tip darts, you are not alone. Because there are many factors to consider and a lot of them depend on your personal needs, it can be hard to decide which one is worth your money.
Whether you have just started on your dart journey or already an experienced player, this guide will help you find your best option.
Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
How To Buy The Best Steel Tip Darts For You?
There are five main elements you need to look at when buying your dart.
Let’s go through them together.
The barrel is essentially the body, making up the majority of your dart. Hence, it is one of the most important factors to consider when making your decision.
How the barrel is made will affect all other areas of your dart like the grip, weight, and size.
There are three most common materials for the barrel:
- Brass: inexpensive but wears down quickly when making contact with sweat and oil. m
- Nickel: similar to brass in terms of price but generally is more durable.
- Tungsten: three times denser than brass and nickel silver. Darts in this material is heavier yet slim and durable. The more tungsten you get in your dart, the better. However, more tungsten means a heftier price tag as well.
If you only intend to play dart occasionally and for fun, brass and nickel silver would be a suitable option for you. If you plan to become a professional, tungsten darts are a better investment.
Darts range from 18 to 40 grams. The most common weight for steel tip darts is around 20 to 26 grams.
Choosing the right dart weight relies heavily on your level and throwing style.
A heavier dart requires more effort and experience to hit the mark, making it more suitable for a more seasoned player.
On the other hand, beginners might want to go for lighter darts as they have a curved trajectory and do not rely as much on the thrower for accuracy.
If you are starting, we recommend that you start with 20 grams. You can try to move up or down the weight scale after you are more familiar with the game.
Dart grip is determined by the texture of the barrel.
Just like every other aspect of darts, there are many types of textures. However, you only have to pay attention to whether it is smooth or knurled.
Darts with heavier knurling create more friction and hence have a better grip.
The shaft is an important element as it determines the stability of your dart.
There are two things to consider when you are looking at a dart shaft: length and material.
Longer shafts will decrease the stability of your dart, while shorter staff will guarantee a more stable flight.
There are four different types of shaft:
- Plastic/ Nylon: affordable but not durable. Plastic shafts might work well for beginners. But when you get better at aiming, your darts might land in clusters and risk breaking the shaft.
- Solid aluminum: lasts longer than plastic shafts. However, this type of shaft can become looser or bend when hitting other darts.
- Carbon-fiber: lightweight and durable. It can avoid breaking or bending for a long time.
- Spinning shafts: can rotate pass other darts smoothly, avoiding impact and increasing the chance of your dart making it to the board.
The great thing about shafts is its high customizability. Manufacturers have made it easy for you to switch out shafts so you can tailor to your needs.
Another factor that influences the stability of your dart is flights. Flights are placed at the end, acting at the steering wheels for your dart.
There are six types of dart flight: standard, pear, teardrop, kite, slim, and arrowhead.
We know that sounds like a lot. But if you are a beginner, you only have to worry about the standard flight.
Standard flights usually provide the most amount of stability due to a larger surface area. They also maintain the dart’s natural trajectory and are consistent in terms of performance.
Given the different colors and styles, a flight is also where you can customize the aesthetic of your dart.
5 Best Dart Tips In 2020
Here is the list of top 5 best dart tips in 2020 for your reference:
- IgnatGames Steel Tip Darts Set
- CyeeLife-Steel tip Darts
- Whimlets Steel Tip Darts Set
- CC-Exquisite Professional Darts Set
- CENTAUR Steel Tip Darts
Now you should have all the information on how to buy the best steel tip dart. Whether you are a beginner or seasoned player, as long as you follow our guide, we believe you will make the best decision.
We wish you luck in your future dart endeavors!